GTab benchmarks

[error]

Outdated Article! *

This entire series of articles is deprecated! Newer ROMs and advanced procedures have replaced (or made obsolete) the information in these articles. This article is retained only for archival purposes.

Please check out our NEWER series of articles on the ViewSonic G-Tablet: http://bishoptec.com/series/gtab-2/
[/error]
Update: July 23, 2011 My ViewSonic G-Tablet scores pretty well! I am now running Zyhong’s b3.2 version of Honeycomb 3.0.1. The ROM auto-overclocks the device at up to 1.4ghz. See a comparison of the three major HoneyComb ROMs (with more benchmarks) here: http://bishoptec.com/2011/07/gtabcomb-vs-illuminate-hc/.

Here are some pretty impressive scores for a sub- $300 tablet!!   Anyone care to post your data? *

Quadrant 3690

Quadrant 3690

sb index 4029

Prod Index: 4029, Games Index: 2780

Pi: 4969

SmartBench 2011 App Scores

Linpack 55

Linpack MFlops: 55.355

17 Responses to GTab benchmarks

1. wayne ting says:

With Quadrant (advanced version), Honeycomb 3.0.1 (on Bootload 1.1),
    no additional adjustment on my part, I get an average Quadrant score of around 3,400, which sounds ridiculously high. I might add that
    I’m very finicky about keeping the operating system lean (no unnecessary programs auto-installed on booting). But that’s what
    I’m getting.

I must say that my Gtab is a pretty snappy machine, compared to 5
    other laptop computers I have. I must also say that my Gtab has
    become one of my favorite toys around the house.

Miraculously, I don’t have much problem with this version of Honeycomb
    either – a few entertainment programs refuse to run in it; a few others have forced closure every now and then. The esthetic of this Honeycomb is so beautiful & elegant that I’m willing to put up with those imperfections. If those super-guys can never get the camera running again, that’s fine with me. But the one thing I miss miserably is FLASH.

Hey Wayne:
      First, your quadrant scores are consistent with most others running this version. I get 3500+ and some have reported scores close to 4k.
      Second, the beauty of the interface is really amazing! Who would want a DULL iPad after seeing this?

FLASH: I don’t do a lot of flash-oriented stuff so it is not an issue for me. But if you install the 10.3 version of Adobe Flash from the market, both the native browser and Opera will use it to display some flash content. Not sure if either or both will display ALL. Be sure to set the “agent” to desktop.
      I use the Youtube app for those vids. But I rarely miss anything on a web site either. So, I guess it is working for me.
      Leave a link to some non-working (flash) site and we can compare.

2. Ray Waldo says:

Hey Juan.. Those are some good specs! They are not out of line with some of the benchmarks that I have seen on my GTab.

Be certain that you don’t get a response to PRECISION that says something like “results inconclusive.” Those numbers may be extremely high but they are a fluke. Only trust the numbers that return a precision number.

3. Juan C. Zayas says:

Viewsonic gTablet
    ROM: CyanogenMod-7.03-Harmony
    Lintpack version: 1.2.8

Single Thread:
    MFLOPS: 52.6599
    Time: 1.59 Seconds
    Norm Res: 5.68
    Precision: 2.220446049250313E-16

Multi-Thread
    MFLOPS: 86.363
    Time: 1.95 Seconds

Is that Ok? Is it within the boundaries?

This is from Quadrant, below:

I have installed Quadrant Standard Edition
    Version: 1.1.7
    Build date: 2011 1 31
    Revision: 1518

The score is: 2326 after running Full benchmarks

However in System Informaiton, it reports ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7I)
    Isn’t it supposed to be ARM9?

4. philip says:

HI RAY, just want to inform you that my linpack score is now what your tablet is reading 54 mflops. my problem was under cm7 settings performance i did not have USE JIT CHECKED.. is there anything else i should have checked under performance settings??. so to update u on my 2 issues i have had with cm7 harmony is watching my downloaded movies, i needed to use VITAL VIDEO PLAYER free on the market.. the other was my fault not having USE JIT ENABLED. Another thing i find not always working is my audio, seems i ned to reboot to get audio?? headphones never seem to be a problem.. oh well learn as u go.. hope u can use my faults for anybodys future problems.. cheers philip

Great! I will adapt the JIT into a post about OverClocking. I had it checked but I thought it was a default (forgot).
      The VVP app probably should be included in my top 15 apps. Would you post your comments about it there?
      As to the audio, I don’t have any problems. It works fine for me. Let us know what you find about your issue.

5. philip says:

hi ray, i seem to get speed of only 15 mfps. i believe when i first tested it showed 46… is there something i am not doing correctly?? is there a kernel i need to download? i set cpu at max 1400. any help would be appreciated. thanks philip

Check the “Performance” settings under CM7 settings. I have the system set for “performance” and the min/max CPU speed at .5/1.4gbs. YMMV

• philip says:

so i go to CPU settings,went to Available Governors and checked Performance, then went to Min Cpu Frequency and checked 456 mhz then went to Max Cpu and checked 1400 mhz, then went to Linpack and it gives me 16.011 mflops…sorry to take up your time but i would love to solve this with your help thanks, philip

That is how I have mine set and it responds (Linpack Version 1.2.8)

Single Thread:
          MFLOPS: 53.329
          Time: 1.57 Seconds
          Norm Res: 5.68
          Precision: 2.220446049250313E-16

Multi-Thread
          MFLOPS: 63.672

Don’t know why you would get such a low score. Is your version of LinPack the latest version?

• philip says:

yes latest version. pressed single thread mflops 16.345. time 5.13 seconds.norm res same as yours and precision same as yours. there must be something that is not set up on my side??

Sorry Philip. I don’t have a clue right now but if I think of anything, I will leave a note here. Check back in a few days. You might also google it or check with the LinPack dev.

6. David says:

Hello Pastor,

Was that Quadrant test run while you were running Cyanogen Mod and if so what build please?

Yes David, I used cm7 7.0.2. I don’t have the actual build number handy but it was the stable release.

Kinda surprised me that you used the title (pastor) . I mention it in my bio but I try not to be “religious” on this site. It is meant to be friendly to all – regardless of religious belief. However, I do appreciate the honor that you showed. I have always felt that the office of pastor is the highest honor.
      If you are interested, I have several other (more “Christian”) websites that I operate/write. http://chiefshepherd.com is my devotional site and http://cdntoday.com is my “Facebook Alternative” network of sites (others are listed there). I welcome you (and everyone else) to check them out and let me know how I can make them better.
      Thanks again for your comment.

• philip says:

yes cm7 and it is the build that u posted on how to root. is it the stable??

I find that it all versions of CM7 (stable releases) are very good. I use CM7.0.3 on all three of my Android devices (G2 phone, GTab, & B&N Nook Color).
        I have occasional “force close” on a few things and some applets don’t work (DSP Manager) but overally, they are very nice and the little hiccups do not bother me.